Author Topic: Reflection and Refraction  (Read 641906 times)

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
    • Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations
topic16
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2006, 11:30:19 am »
You will find button labeled as "GET APPLET FILES" at the end of the first message if you are login to the forum.
Click that button and files will be deliveried to your email account.

sonia_martins

topic16
« Reply #16 on: November 06, 2006, 08:42:15 pm »
When I downloaded the file, the language was not english. could you please send to my mail acount the english file please.
thanks
(soniag_martins@hotmail.com)

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
topic16
« Reply #17 on: January 28, 2007, 12:30:52 am »
index.html is Chinse version but you should also find english verson file: propagtion.html

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
Re: Reflection and Refraction
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2008, 10:04:40 am »
Registed user can get files related to this applet for offline access.
Problem viewing java?Add http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ to exception site list
If java program did not show up, please download and install latest Java RUN TIME

Here is another version created with EJS

It recognizes that each point of an advancing wave front is in fact the center of a fresh disturbance and the source of a new train of waves; and that the advancing wave as a whole may be regarded as the sum of all the secondary waves arising from points in the medium already traversed.

The following images are linked from WiKi page: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Huygens%E2%80%93Fresnel_principle

Registed user can get files related to this applet for offline access.
Problem viewing java?Add http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ to exception site list
If java program did not show up, please download and install latest Java RUN TIME

ametz

« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2008, 04:59:39 am »
This is a nice applet indeed.
Yet I think I've found a small bug.
When the index of refraction is decreased below 0.22 (e.g. for sound from air to glass it is 0.06) the critical angle remains at 12.9 degrees.

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2008, 09:56:51 am »
You can enter ratio for index of refractions if you select "user defined ratio =>".
And you need to hit ENTER after you enter new value for the new value to have effect.
Please try it again and hit ENTER.

ametz

« Reply #21 on: July 05, 2008, 05:11:08 am »
Thanks for your reply. I indeed forgot to hit ENTER. The program is working fine!

jahokka

« Reply #22 on: January 15, 2009, 03:43:42 am »
Hi!
I am impressed. So impressed, that I hope I could translate some of your sites. I have downloaded some works to my self and translated then (with many words = teathers habits). There is one translation in finnish I have uploaded to your site, but there was some difficulties with the ISO 2202, I supose. Finnish code-system use UTF-8 with some Latin-1 extenssions. We uses two letters, witch are imported, but is not included in UTF-8 Latin-1 basic collection (A - Z).

Is there anything to be done?

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
« Reply #23 on: January 15, 2009, 11:31:59 am »
Thank you very much for making translation in Finnish.
I found out one of the teacher download nearly four hundreds simulations from this wet site and translation it into Slovokia's language two years ago when I went to a conference. (He handed me the CD with all the translation). I was so impressed. And I knew that he has to download all the files one by one and create the translation.
So I created a simple user interface  to help user translate web page.
You can click "translate this message(and the string in the simulation) into local language" button.
Because there are so many character code used by different country.
So I adope "utf-8" system. Please change the coding in your browser to utf-8 when viewing the web page.
(normally, the browser will switch to utf-8 when loading web page from this web site, unless you change the default coding to always stick to some particular coding).

If you can not find the coding for your language from the menu, please give me the full name of the coding. I will try to find information about your language and implement into the system. And I will need your help to test it when I modify the code. Do you know the official name for your utf-8 coding system? (UTF-8 Latin-1???)  Chinese characters are also two letter code.

jahokka

« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2009, 02:22:38 am »
According to wikipedia in english, the codepage following standard ISO-8859-1 include all the letters I need to write finnish. Standard 8859-1 is synonymous with Latin-1. Browsers from Nothern Europe, Germany, ect. uses it.

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
« Reply #25 on: January 18, 2009, 09:14:20 pm »
Because user live in different country use different language coding system.
If the HTML page was written with ISO-8859-1 , then user has to select ISO-8859-1 in order to view it correctly.
And our server has to know your coding when you submit your data.
If different user use different language coding, it will be difficult to handle it.

UTF-8 can prevent this kind of difficulty. Please change your coding to UTF-8 before your do the translation. The default seeting for the browser was automatically switch to the language coding according to server information. Our server already sent out information tell browser to switch to UTF-8 when doing the translation. May be your browser has been set to fixed language coding. Please change it to automatic mode or change it to UTF-8 when you want to do the translation.

jahokka

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 04:37:41 am »
Thank you for your time. I'm in hurry now, but I will return on the subject on the end of the week. Then I will try these tricks you told me. I hope they works and I can start this hobby. ;-)

qzoners

• Bisnis Online
« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2009, 10:01:24 am »
Fu-Kwun, you are rock!

You make phisic learning is so easy to understand. Thanks for this great job

daryy

« Reply #28 on: September 06, 2009, 01:14:41 pm »
I make sure  if the path of the wave (directions) are not indicated by the colours,it would have been better. Is it ok?any good idea?

Fu-Kwun Hwang

• Administrator
« Reply #29 on: September 06, 2009, 11:54:25 pm »
You are wlecomed to download the source code : propagation.java
And change the color to wherever you want.
Please post it here when you  find out a better solution.