NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
October 19, 2017, 11:31:09 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
"Choose a job you love, and you will not have to work for a day in your life." ...Confucius (551-479 BC)
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Perpetual Moving Device, is it possible?  (Read 9910 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
Quest4PMD

«
Embed this message
on: December 14, 2008, 08:29:03 pm » posted from:Bacoor,Cavite,Philippines

I just wanted to hear different opinion from different people of different knowledge.
Anybody?
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: December 14, 2008, 10:25:36 pm »

It depends on how you define your Perpetual Moving Device (conditions and restrictions):

A device can move with constant speed in the space where there is no resistance.

Or a device can get energy from other resource (for example:sun light).
Quest4PMD

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2008, 10:39:02 pm » posted from:Bacoor,Cavite,Philippines

A PMD that I was trying to ask is something that will keep on moving without the aid of air, water and solar energy, which is widely being used nowadays, and which I would say is somewhat unreliable unless you have a battery bank to store the gained energy until it becomes available again.
A PMD from a source that is always available that will keep the device moving and will have an excess energy, unlike other PMD that once you a apply a little resistance, will eventually stop.

Australians claims they already have one using magnets. But neither with the aid of magnets.

Do you think it is possible?
« Last Edit: December 14, 2008, 10:52:31 pm by Quest4PMD » Logged
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: December 15, 2008, 08:29:00 am »

A device can move with constant velocity if there is no net external force acting on the device.

If there is force in the oppositive direction of the velocity, the device will loss energy due to external force.

Energy is conserved. If the device loss energy while it is operatiing , then it need some form of input energy to keep going.

If the power is small, it is ease to be recharged by either air or solar energy or ...

You did not describe your question clearly. What is the size/power for your device?
What do you mean by "Perpetual Moving Device"? Do you mean like a car?

Size does matter!
Quest4PMD

«
Embed this message
Reply #4 on: December 15, 2008, 09:55:54 pm » posted from:Bacoor,Cavite,Philippines

Pardon me, Prof, I've been quite unclear.

Perpetual in a sense that a device will keep on moving with a constant force (40kgs minimum-meaning, excess force), without the aid of fossil fuel, water, wind, magnets, solar, battery, coal, nuclear, etc... or something more powerful enough to power up a normal household consuming 15-20 kw a day.

I am not sure if anything of such kind have already been invented, most probably not yet. Otherwise, market would have already been flooded with it.

So, what I would really wanted to ask (especially to those who have a broad background in physics), is it possible to create such a device by using gravity alone??? Or, such a device will always end up in equilibrium?

Well, gravity is always available, unlike air, water, and solar... and fossil fuels are already 'endangered species',uh, i mean, almost running out.

And... just, if ever, such a device exists... does it break the Law of Conservation of Energy?
« Last Edit: December 15, 2008, 10:13:31 pm by Quest4PMD » Logged
lookang

http://weelookang.blogspot.com

«
Embed this message
Reply #5 on: December 15, 2008, 10:46:22 pm »

Hi everyone!

I found an interesting Perpetual Moving Device but it is an the nano scale.

reference: http://home.wanadoo.nl/perpetual/brownian.html
Brownian motor
Maybe Brownian motion is the key to free energy, if we can get it to work directed and not randomly, then there is energy for free.

Mankind's knowledge of science is incomplete.
We should not Use of the term "impossible" with perpetual motion. One day, someone might figure out something Smiley
« Last Edit: December 16, 2008, 07:48:04 am by lookang » Logged
roosttylor

«
Embed this message
Reply #6 on: March 30, 2015, 01:59:25 pm » posted from:Faisalabad,Punjab,Pakistan

For example: define variables with name "red,green,blue,color..." , type "Object"

ahsan
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
"Choose a job you love, and you will not have to work for a day in your life." ...Confucius (551-479 BC)

Jump to: