NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
October 22, 2017, 03:21:25 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
"Life is the beaty of art, heart, and humanity."...Wisdom
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: magnetic water  (Read 15770 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
mthomas

«
Embed this message
on: November 21, 2008, 12:53:28 am » posted from:Wilmington,Delaware,United States

One of my students is interested in experimenting with magnetic water.  I was wondering if any of you would have any information about the process of magnetizing water or determining whether the water was magnetized or not.
Thanks,
Michele Thomas
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 08:56:34 am » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

Sorry! I do not know much about this topic.
I know there are "magnetized fluid" , but I do not know what is "magnetized water".
Could you define what is "magnetized water"?

mthomas

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 01:11:40 am » posted from:Wilmington,Delaware,United States

It is water that has been exposed to a magnetic field over night. 
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: November 22, 2008, 08:25:29 am »

There is always a magnetic field on earth. From the above definition, all water are magnetized???
Please provide a scientific definition.
And do you find any different between "magnetized water" and "non-magnetized water"?
Or: is it just a claim without any evidence?

I found the following informattion from wikipedia:Magnetic_water_treatment
Magnetic water treatment is a proposed method of water softening.

The tools for magnetic water treatment are often sold by home distributors, who have made dubious claims of effectiveness.[1] Proponents of the method assert that powerful magnets sandwiched over a water line, so the water passes through the magnetic field, will treat the water without the need for chemical softening agents. They also make unsupported claims that the shapes of the mineral molecules in hard water are sufficiently modified to eliminate the build-up of calcium and lime, and also remove limescale already present in the system.

Sellers of the technology also make unsupported claims that treatment of water with magnets can treat blood circulation, prevent or cure disease, increase the strength of concrete, and prevent tooth decay.[1][2][3]

Vendors have pictures and testimonials pertaining to their claims, but there are several scientific studies that refute the effectiveness of the method.[1] Consumer Reports carried out a two-year experiment with two water heaters; the end result showed no evidence of any benefit.
mthomas

«
Embed this message
Reply #4 on: December 02, 2008, 02:41:49 am » posted from:Newark,Delaware,United States

You are correctly referring to the magnetic water; however, we are looking for a way to determine whether the water will create a magnetic field and how that magnetic field could be measured.  Would you have any ideas about how to measure a magnetic field in water?
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #5 on: December 02, 2008, 04:41:20 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

Any thing which can be influenced by magnetic field and can move easily in water can be used as detector.
How about a magnetized needle make it floating on water surface?
You should be able to find other suitable materials. :-)
lookang

http://weelookang.blogspot.com

«
Embed this message
Reply #6 on: December 02, 2008, 09:19:43 pm »

exciting stuff, sounds like bull #$%^, but interestingly being sold in Australia by Omni Environmental Group Pty Ltd.

Magnetised water - in TodayTonight (Australia). The use of magnetic water in agriculture to increase harvest and save up to 25% water. Live testimonials by biggest Australian farmers. More at www.waterforlife.net.au

« Last Edit: December 02, 2008, 09:26:23 pm by lookang » Logged
Jayjay18

«
Embed this message
Reply #7 on: May 04, 2009, 12:13:02 pm »

From the treatment it makes the good solution for the problem regarding how to prevent that disease..

-*-
DanCarlo2009

«
Embed this message
Reply #8 on: May 25, 2009, 09:30:38 am » posted from:Tarlac,Tarlac,Philippines

Interesting topic i make my experiment to this magnetic water. And soon i will come back for my conclusion.

-*-
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
"Life is the beaty of art, heart, and humanity."...Wisdom

Jump to: