NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
November 23, 2017, 02:39:45 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
The softest thing overcomes the hardest thing in the universe. ...Lao Tzu (570-490 BC)
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Introduction to this web site!  (Read 19256 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
on: February 15, 2007, 04:54:48 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

Simulation can help us visualize the physics model. You will find hundreds of physics related java simulations on this web site.
Registered user will be able to get files for offline use.

There are serveral types of java applets on our server

NTNUJAVA simulations: Hundreds of physics related simulations I had created since 1995 with JDK1.0.2. Many physics teachers found them useful for their teaching. There are 88 mirror sites (28 countries) host the same applets around the world. Many of them are also collected in CDROM for physics textbooks. You can translated strings in the simulation into local language format. Please send us copy of translated work so that we can share it with more users. This is the spirit of the WWW.

Easy Java Simulations (EJS): This is a modeling and simulations generating tool created by Francisco Esquembre. All the simulations I had created with this tools can be found here. There are many new features when viewing simulations generated with this tool (for registered user only).
Click 'snapshot' button will generate snapshot image of the simulation on a popup widnow, and the same image file will be sent to user's email account. Teacher can use this feature to find out how student play with simulations on our server.

Click 'save simulation state' will save the current simulations variables on our server. When you click 'setup' button, all the saved records will be listed as URL links. The simulation will be restored to the previously save states when you click one of those links.

You can also find out how the simulation was generated with EJS (Find out the physics model behind the simulations). However, you will need to allow browser to load EJS into your browers as an signed applet. It means that you can save EJS source code (as xml file) into your computer. You can also modify model or view in the simulation and generate new simulation with your browser. The only requirement is your browser need to support Java Run Time (version later than 1.5). If you can view simulation with your browser, then it is O.K. However, some browser turn off 'Java Run Time' support when viewing web page offline. (Remember to turn on Java Run Time support)

Live demo(swf): This demo shows you how easily to create a planet motion with EJS.

Registered user can post new topic or reply to messages. If you need a new simulation, please describe it in detail and we will try to create one for you! If you can read Chinese, there are more resources on our Chinese version web sites(demolab and physics forum).
I hope you will enjoy the fun of physics as I do.
Prof. Fu-Kwun Hwang
Dept. of physics, National Taiwan Normal University
#88 Sec 4, Ting-Chou Rd.,
Taipei, Taiwan 11718

I am not a professional programmer, I am a physicist.

I love physics, and I enjoy playing with physics.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
The softest thing overcomes the hardest thing in the universe. ...Lao Tzu (570-490 BC)

Jump to: