NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
October 17, 2017, 11:46:24 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. ..."Michelangelo (1475-1564, Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet)"
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: What a brilliant website!  (Read 33525 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
benson.vn

«
Embed this message
on: March 15, 2006, 09:30:46 pm »

Thanks for your wonderful simulations. By the way, I found that the simulation in Reflection/Refraction has small probelm. The reflection line (in water) seem to be not straitgh. If it is modified, that will be perfect. Cheesy.

Regards,

Benson
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: March 16, 2006, 11:04:48 am »

Do you mean sometime there are sawteeth where bounrdary were drawed in the web page
( http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/viewtopic.php?t=66 )
The applet was written 8-9 years ago with JDK1.0.2.
Those are due to finite resolution in the java drawing.
Sorry!
benson.vn

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: March 20, 2006, 09:43:47 am »

Thank you very much for your responding. By the way, I want to ask you wherether I can modify a lite bit something in the code of your simulation (absolutely I still show your source as well as your web page)? The reason for that is I need to translate the language in the instruction from English to my language so that my students can understand.

Some of simulations that I downloaded did not have java files. Can I ask you for the code?

Many thanks

Benson
conroyjimmy

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: April 28, 2006, 05:55:57 pm »

Hello,

thanks for providing a great service with this website! Much appreciated!

James
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #4 on: May 01, 2006, 11:37:06 am »

For those who need the source code, please let me know the URL of the simulation.
benson.vn

«
Embed this message
Reply #5 on: May 16, 2006, 12:51:10 am »

Many thanks to you, Hwang. May I have source code for

http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/viewtopic.php?t=521

The same issue as I asked you before. How can I change some words such as Photon Energy, Light Intensity (in side the simulation's window) into other language rather than English so that my students can use your simulation much easier?

Thanks for your help

Benson
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #6 on: May 16, 2006, 10:48:19 am »

There are two kind of simulations on our server. There are simulations created by JDK1.0.2 almost 10 years ago (Under Physics Simulation category). Translation for this kind of applet can be found at "different language version".

There are also simulations created with EJS(Under Easy java Simulation category). Now I only have english version and chinese version for this kind of applet.
But you will be able to modify the applet or look at the ejs source. For example: you can view EJS source version of Photoelectric effect
 You will find definition for all the label under "language'" tab. The screen shot look like the following

From the web page which contain photoelectric applet you will find tag like the following
<applet code="photoelectriceffect.photoelectriceffectApplet.class" codebase="/ntnujava/ejs/" archive="_library/ejsBasic.jar,photoelectriceffect.jar" name="photoelectriceffect" id="photoelectriceffect" width="700" height="400" mayscript="true"></applet>

The name and id for the applet is "photoelectriceffect"
The variable for label "Photon Energy=0.0eV" is l_photoenergy

You can add the following javascript to change the label for "photoenergy"

document.photoelectriceffect.l_photoenergy="photo energy=0.0eV";// change the right hand side to your local language.

P.S. The "0.0" format is for 1 digit display after "."

We are still modify the code for EJS. We will distribute xml source for simulations created with ejs and you will be able to modify it easily with browser very soon.
benson.vn

«
Embed this message
Reply #7 on: May 17, 2006, 10:19:55 am »

Dear Hwang,

Many thanks for you Hwang. However, I have aproblem when changing language. I did as what you told me to do. After the first time running the modified simulation, it works well. I went back to Variables against, went to language and continued change the rest of values. But in this time, when I click on run button, it was loading too long and stayed at value 67% of loading. Finally, the erro windown apeared.

I trying to opend a new one and start from beginning but I stil get the same erro
Can you tell me what should I do?

Best regards

Benson
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #8 on: May 17, 2006, 11:38:25 am »

I just added another link after "view how it was created with ejs" and labeled it as "load ejs with jnlp mode(can read/write local file,need your permission)".

Click this link, and ejs will be download to your local machine. (It will ask for permission if it was running the first time).
You can change the label or anything about the simulation directly from the ejs panel and click the green button to generate new simulation.
You will find it running. And all the generated files will be at the home directory in your computer. (For window user please check "Documents and Setting/YOUR_USER_NAME")
You should find a directory named as "Ejs.tmp".
All the generated simulations will be in one of the folder under Ejs.tmp/Simulations/

You can save the ejs source file. (Click save button and provide a filename, and you can open it later -since files are saved in your computer now).

This is a new feature of EJS. (You run it localy instead on our server). But you need to allow program being downloaded to your computer.

Let me know if you still have problem with it.
benson.vn

«
Embed this message
Reply #9 on: May 18, 2006, 02:52:32 am »

Dear Hwang,

I can view Ejs from new link that you added. However, the window of simulation appeared without [b:69cde6f6eb]Play[/b:69cde6f6eb] function and Photon [b:69cde6f6eb]Energy[/b:69cde6f6eb], [b:69cde6f6eb]Work Function[/b:69cde6f6eb] as well as [b:69cde6f6eb]Light Intensity [/b:69cde6f6eb]did not work either (even it said that [color=blue:69cde6f6eb]File succesfully read:fkhxml/photoelectriceffect.xml[/color:69cde6f6eb]).

(I will send the immages to your email address later.)

Then I try to get Ejs from old link but an error appeared against. The simulation was not loaded correctly.

I really need your help

Thank you very much
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #10 on: May 18, 2006, 09:21:33 am »

The default setting for photoelectric simulation is "automatic mode":

You can change photoenergy/lightintensity ...etc when the simulation is paused.
After you click play button, The simulation will perform the whole experiment automatically.
And most of the buttons are disabled until the experiment is done. (only reset is available)

If you uncheck "automatic" box. The play/pause button become enabled and paramaters can be changed when the simulation is in paused mode.
The simulation will allow you to change parameters after on data point is collected (about 10 s) or after pause button was clicked.

Those are setting from the original simulation program.
You can change the setting form the GUI interface in EJS. (Right click mouse to open Peoperty windows for those buttons or sliderbars)
bluecyan2

«
Embed this message
Reply #11 on: November 22, 2006, 12:38:41 pm »

i am really greatful to whoever thought of this site.. more power... =)
georgerobinson

«
Embed this message
Reply #12 on: December 21, 2010, 02:24:55 pm » posted from:Kannur,Kerala,India

Its interesting to see all comments here. Hope I will get the right assistance from here. Smiley
Mihai1555

«
Embed this message
Reply #13 on: January 02, 2011, 04:21:24 am » posted from:Valcea,Valcea,Romania

I agree whit you,this is one of the best websites !
Nathanial

«
Embed this message
Reply #14 on: November 17, 2011, 05:45:47 pm » posted from:Lahore,Punjab,Pakistan

I have aproblem when changing language.
 I did as what you told me to do. After the first time
 running the modified simulation, it works well.
desertrose3

Physics <3

«
Embed this message
Reply #15 on: January 14, 2012, 01:34:10 am » posted from:Lahore,Punjab,Pakistan

Definitely is a brilliant website!  Smiley
diinxcom
watchlist

Designer

«
Embed this message
Reply #16 on: December 14, 2014, 05:48:15 pm » posted from:,,Satellite Provider

-*-
Thanks for providing this website. I hope I can get may informations here..
Its briliat website..
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. ..."Michelangelo (1475-1564, Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet)"

Jump to: