NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
December 13, 2017, 06:28:56 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. ..."Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi(1893-1986, 1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine, Lived to 93)"
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Electrospinning - modelling of the electric field  (Read 17346 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
eva

«
Embed this message
on: December 02, 2005, 05:23:53 am »

Hello,

I am doing a degree in physics and presently I work on electrospinning.

For those who are not familiarized with this technique, I can say that electrospinning is a process in which polymer nano or sub-micron fibers are produced through the action of an external electric field imposed on a polymer solution.
The solution is put into a syringe that is located above a grounded collector and than a high tension is applied to the syringe¡¦s needle.

At this moment I am very interested in the modelling of the electric field generated during the process.

I would like to know if exist any simulation available on the internet to draw the field lines generated for different values of the applied tension and for different geometries of the experimental set up (even if only in two dimensions and without considering the polymer influence, i.e., considering only the existence of the needle and the collector).

I would be grateful if you could answer my question and I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you for the attention.

Best Regards,
Eva Malainho
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: December 02, 2005, 10:00:05 am » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

If you can provide the physics theory about the whole problem, we can try to create a simulation for you.
But we need to know how to calculate the E field distribution.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
Discovery consists of seeing what everybody has seen and thinking what nobody has thought. ..."Albert von Szent-Gyorgyi(1893-1986, 1937 Nobel Prize for Medicine, Lived to 93)"

Jump to: