NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
September 21, 2018, 03:54:15 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
An interdisciplinary approach. ...Wisdom
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: power generators/board:16-3-  (Read 9468 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
electrodummy

«
Embed this message
on: December 27, 2012, 02:22:59 pm » posted from:Arcadia,California,United States

Hi My name is John and this is my first posting so please be patient. My knowledge of electricity, theory or concepts, is somewhat limited and the more I learn, the more I realize I don't know.  I work on power generators for a living. Some of my knowledge comes from a classroom but most came from hands on and simple curiosity ventures like this.
Anyway, I was working on a generator today trying to set the frequency, but my digital meter was wandering from 50 Hertz to 300 hertz sometimes. this is not the first time either, but I noticed when I unclasped my meter, as I pulled the lead away the meter would stop fluctuating so much and then settle to where it was supposed to be. When I thought about it, the only explanation I came up with is it was reading the electromagnetic field. My question is, is that what I was reading and why would that be more accurate than a direct connection? Also would that field be the reason my meter acts so funny if it were setting next to the generator? I realise this is probably a dumb question but if I don't ask I'll never know. thanks for your time
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
An interdisciplinary approach. ...Wisdom

Jump to: