NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
December 15, 2017, 03:52:20 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Knowledge and practice are one. ..."Wang Yang Ming (1472-1529, Chinese Philosopher) "
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: solar power traffic light replace the signals on wires  (Read 2063 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
louse
watchlist

«
Embed this message
on: June 04, 2013, 12:50:21 pm » posted from:Mountain View,California,United States

;DRecent years, I've noticed that the city has been replacing signals on wires with-*-solar power traffic lights. I'm all for this. because solar is a renewable resources and solar power traffic lights helps to build hamonious society and realize energy-efficiency. However, it bugs me that the solar power traffic lights are the traditional yellow with the black backplate. For years, it seemed that the city was switching to the black signal with the black backplate. To me, the black on black is more pleasing to the eye. I liked the way these made the streetscape look too. Am I crazy or is the black on yellow just tacky?

River Oaks Blvd. at San Felipe is an example of a new signal with the yellow on black.
Kirby at University is an example of the black on black.

Is it more expensive to have the solar power traffic lights black? It would be nice to have a uniform look to traffic signals in the city.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
Knowledge and practice are one. ..."Wang Yang Ming (1472-1529, Chinese Philosopher) "

Jump to: