NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
December 14, 2017, 07:49:34 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
"Wisdom is the harmony, healthy and happiness in life." ...Wisdom
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for animation named: Gimbal-aided HIV-1 navigation.  (Read 5764 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
egabev

«
Embed this message
on: February 19, 2011, 12:05:50 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

Dear Mr. Fu-Kwun Hwang,

I would like to kindly request another animation which will complement the previous one you recently did for me. Please look at the attached file gimbaljanimation.doc. The idea is that AIDS causing virus HIV-1 (green icozahedrons) move first from A to B and attaches to CD4 receptor via its counterpart the gp 120 in vertical position. During the movement the 3 inner gimbals (colored rings) should rotate gradually and locked i.e. match each other concentrically at the attachment. Then the attached HIV-1 (icosaeder) together with the CD4 receptor and the Lipid raft as well should move to the right side and attach the CCR5 co-receptor. The rings should stay at the same position as in B.(please see C).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9leO28ydyfU or
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOD5tuQ5wvo&feature=related

Please look at the above sites  to get some clues on what I am asking you.

Thanking you very much in advance I am,

With kindest regards.
Evgeni Gabev.

*** There are 1 more attached files. You need to login to acces it!
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: February 19, 2011, 09:34:02 am » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

You can use [youtube=9leO28ydyfU] to show youtube movie as part of forum message at our site,where 9leO28ydyfU is the id after v= in the youtube URL.
e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9leO28ydyfU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOD5tuQ5wvo

Your doc file has been captured as an image file (attached).

However, I was not able to understand what you need.

The idea is that AIDS causing virus HIV-1 (green icozahedrons) move first from A to B and attaches to CD4 receptor via its counterpart the gp 120 in vertical position. During the movement the 3 inner gimbals (colored rings) should rotate gradually and locked i.e. match each other concentrically at the attachment. 

1. Does B mean the initial condition in the previous simulation I have created for you?
2. Does A mean ROLL=90 and YAW=90?
3. Do you want A to become initial state and the simulation change from status A to status B?

Then the attached HIV-1 (icosaeder) together with the CD4 receptor and the Lipid raft as well should move to the right side and attach the CCR5 co-receptor. The rings should stay at the same position as in B.
4. What need to be done in the simulation to show status C???

Could you explain it in more detail?

* img20110219.jpg (34.21 KB, 372x528 - viewed 525 times.)
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: February 20, 2011, 09:56:43 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

Dear Mr. Fu-Kwun Hwang, Thank you for your reply. You are really very kind and good man. Please find attached the INITIAL, 2nd and 3rd steps of the animation I am kindly reqested. I am sory very much that I did not do it this way at my previous email. Please have answers of your questions. 1. Does B mean the initial condition in the previous simulation I have created for you? Yes exactly. This is called gimbal lock i.e . all 3 rings are matched one into another 2. Does A mean ROLL=90 and YAW=90? I am afraid no. The all 3 rings at A should be perpendicular each other i.e. according to you previous applet: ROLL 0, PITCH 90 and YAW 90. 3. Do you want A to become initial state and the simulation change from status A to status B? Yes exactly. That is what I want. Please see tha attacments. 4. What need to be done in the simulation to show status C???
Please see tha attaxnments. Also the gimbal ring should be the same as B, i.e.gimbal lock.Also the lipid raft moved together with the CD4 receptor.
I hope that now I am correct.
With best regards and, please have my appologies for the confused first description of the applet design.
Evgeni.

You can use [youtube=9leO28ydyfU] to show youtube movie as part of forum message at our site,where 9leO28ydyfU is the id after v= in the youtube URL.
e.g.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9leO28ydyfU

and

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VOD5tuQ5wvo

Your doc file has been captured as an image file (attached).

However, I was not able to understand what you need.

The idea is that AIDS causing virus HIV-1 (green icozahedrons) move first from A to B and attaches to CD4 receptor via its counterpart the gp 120 in vertical position. During the movement the 3 inner gimbals (colored rings) should rotate gradually and locked i.e. match each other concentrically at the attachment.

1. Does B mean the initial condition in the previous simulation I have created for you?
2. Does A mean ROLL=90 and YAW=90?
3. Do you want A to become initial state and the simulation change from status A to status B?

Then the attached HIV-1 (icosaeder) together with the CD4 receptor and the Lipid raft as well should move to the right side and attach the CCR5 co-receptor. The rings should stay at the same position as in B.
4. What need to be done in the simulation to show status C???

Could you explain it in more detail?

*** There are 4 more attached files. You need to login to acces it!
« Last Edit: February 20, 2011, 10:07:10 am by egabev » Logged
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: February 20, 2011, 11:07:29 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

You have three different pictures in the attached file.

Could you provide the size of gimbal and (CD4 receptor,Lipid raft,T cell lipid membrane,CCR5 or CXCR4 co-receptors ...etc)

What should I do ?
1. From A to B: Should I move glimbal down or move CD4 recptor(etc) up? What is the displacement and speed?
2. From B to C:
 Should I move CD4 recptor from left to right with constant speed? What is the value for displacement and speed?
 The rectangle base seems to be rotated by 180 degree? How to change from B to C???
 The so called CCR5 (blue circle) seems to tile by an angle? What is the value of that angle?
What are the scale of all the elements including positions(3D coordinates: i.e. x,y,z) ,velocity(vx,vy,vz) etc?

I can not read your mind just from those pictures.

Could you just upload picture as attachment directly(instead of drawing in the doc file)? It will be much easier to referer to pictures as part of forum message.

* pic20110220A.jpg (6.23 KB, 180x245 - viewed 384 times.)

* pic20110220B.jpg (6.6 KB, 206x204 - viewed 374 times.)

* pic20110220C.jpg (5.3 KB, 206x204 - viewed 353 times.)
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
"Wisdom is the harmony, healthy and happiness in life." ...Wisdom

Jump to: