NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
October 19, 2017, 07:06:16 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. ..."Michelangelo (1475-1564, Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet)"
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for Java gimbal simulation.  (Read 34476 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #30 on: July 13, 2011, 10:34:31 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

There are only two rotational axes for the device at the two URLs you have provided.
The middle and outer rings can freely rotate along the same axes (with different angle).
However, you have mentioned that those three axes should be perpendicular to each other.
I am really confused!
Sorry. Let me try to explain what I need by the following way. Please go to your applet at message #6 above, Please tune Roll (blue)to 90 degrees, Pitch (green ) to 90 degrees too and please do not touch Yaw (red) (0 degrees). Please imagine that Roll is bolted to Pitch ring at 9h and 3h. Now please make such that Roll is rotated from 0 to 360 degrees perpendicular to the circumference of Yaw (red). This movenent is actually the only one possible if Roll is bolted as described above. I beg you just to modify the Roll rotation at #6 message applet. I do not need actually other things. Thanks again.
PS. Please use the Roll, Pitch and Yaw rings and colors as they are given at message #6.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2011, 10:44:12 am by egabev » Logged
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #31 on: July 13, 2011, 12:08:03 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

I hope the following is what you need!

Click

Embed a running copy of this simulation

Embed a running copy link(show simulation in a popuped window)
Full screen applet or Problem viewing java?Add http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ to exception site list
Press the Alt key and the left mouse button to drag the applet off the browser and onto the desktop. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Taiwan License
  • Please feel free to post your ideas about how to use the simulation for better teaching and learning.
  • Post questions to be asked to help students to think, to explore.
  • Upload worksheets as attached files to share with more users.
Let's work together. We can help more users understand physics conceptually and enjoy the fun of learning physics!
to view simulation
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #32 on: July 13, 2011, 05:04:56 pm » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

I hope the following is what you need!

Thanks for your time and attention. I have tested very carefuly the modified applet page 2 message 2 (Reply #31 on: Today at 12:08:03 pm ยป posted from:Tucheng,T'ai-wan,Taiwan).

Yaw (red) should rotate independently without moving the whole figure. What I also mentioned: Pitch (green) is OK; Roll is moving as this should be the rotation of Yaw (rotation arround the vertical axis of the airplane message #23 page 1). Instead I beg you to make Roll to rotate being "bolted" at Pitch (green) at points 9 and 3 o'clock (message 1 above). Please see message 1 above.

Please make these changes but since I value very much your time if possible please advice me how to do modifications like you did up to now by myself. I have already installed EJS. Thanks a lot. Best wishes. egabev.
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #33 on: July 13, 2011, 09:09:43 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

You can download EJS source and open it with EJs,
or download jar file , double click to run it, right click then select open ejs model.

What you need to modify is "Fixed relation" Page: you will fins the following line

mat3="y:"+c3;
mat1="z:"+c1+" & y:"+c3;
mat2="x:"+a2+" &y:"+c3;

where c1,a2 and c3 are angle for row, pitch and row.
// for outer most ring
mat3="y:"+c3; // mean rotate around y axis with angle c3
// for inner most ring
mat1="z:"+c1+" & y:"+c3;// mean mean rotate around z axis with angle c3, then rotate around y axis with angle c3
// mat2 is for middle ring

Click green triangle to generate new simulation when you finish your modification.

You can find the jar file,at export directory under ejsworkspace

You will find "Upload new EJS jar file" at the same line where you submit the message , click the checkbox
then select your jar file with button, then submit your message.
Your simulation will be shown automatically follow the end of your message.
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #34 on: July 14, 2011, 02:31:07 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

You can download EJS source and open it with EJs,
or download jar file , double click to run it, right click then select open ejs model.

What you need to modify is "Fixed relation" Page: you will fins the following line

mat3="y:"+c3;
mat1="z:"+c1+" & y:"+c3;
mat2="x:"+a2+" &y:"+c3;

where c1,a2 and c3 are angle for row, pitch and row.
// for outer most ring
mat3="y:"+c3; // mean rotate around y axis with angle c3
// for inner most ring
mat1="z:"+c1+" & y:"+c3;// mean mean rotate around z axis with angle c3, then rotate around y axis with angle c3
// mat2 is for middle ring

Click green triangle to generate new simulation when you finish your modification.

You can find the jar file,at export directory under ejsworkspace

You will find "Upload new EJS jar file" at the same line where you submit the message , click the checkbox
then select your jar file with button, then submit your message.
Your simulation will be shown automatically follow the end of your message.

Thank you very much for your very useful advice. Before I start to use your instructions and to try to modify the applet (I did not sleep for 25 hours working in my lab and will start with the applet tomorrow) I would like to beg you to look at the attachment or at the http://www.fho-emden.de/~hoffmann/gimbal09082002.pdf Isn't it possible for you to change the ring shaped gimbals with the one having rectangular shape as in the attachment file. This will give more clear vision on the rotational axes of the rectangular frames (gimbals) as well as the pivoted points than the circular one and as a whole (on my humble opinion) is easier to work with it both for you and for me. Waiting for your answer (any time day or night) I am with best regards. The model of gimbal  given at the attachment is exactly what I need. Meanwhile, please ignore the text about quarterions. egabev.

*** There are 1 more attached files. You need to login to acces it!
« Last Edit: July 14, 2011, 02:41:08 am by egabev » Logged
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #35 on: July 14, 2011, 06:26:54 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

To my understanding, the following is what you want, is it?

Click

Full screen applet or Problem viewing java?Add http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ to exception site list
Press the Alt key and the left mouse button to drag the applet off the browser and onto the desktop. This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 2.5 Taiwan License
  • Please feel free to post your ideas about how to use the simulation for better teaching and learning.
Let's work together. We can help more users understand physics conceptually and enjoy the fun of learning physics!
to view the generated simulation.
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #36 on: July 15, 2011, 02:08:13 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

To my understanding, the following is what you want, is it?
Thank you for your kind reply but I can not find the applet file.
ahmedelshfie
Ahmed

«
Embed this message
Reply #37 on: July 15, 2011, 02:40:32 am » posted from:Uberaba,Minas Gerais,Brazil

Hi egabev,

You can't find the jar file on website, or you have problem about download the applet?
Could you explain with more details please, for professor Hwang, lookang and me can help.
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #38 on: July 15, 2011, 08:14:41 am » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

Sorry! The jar file was not upload successfully.
I was very busy,too! I did not check it after it was uploaded!
 It is uploaded again. You should be able to find it now.
lookang

http://weelookang.blogspot.com

«
Embed this message
Reply #39 on: July 15, 2011, 01:10:54 pm » posted from:SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE

nice applet, with the rectangles. good job!
lookang

«
Embed this message
Reply #40 on: July 15, 2011, 09:36:39 pm » posted from:SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE

added new features
changes made
added rectangles from Prof Hwang's version 6
customized to my version 4 dimensions
added an independent axis control checkbox for egabev mention something about no dependency of each axis of rotation, without the structures and in rectangle shapes, the rectangles do overlap
made it a little bigger
consistent the color with Prof Hwang's version 6

* gimbal6.png (24.83 KB, 520x508 - viewed 280 times.)
« Last Edit: July 15, 2011, 09:40:40 pm by lookang » Logged
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #41 on: July 16, 2011, 03:33:43 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

added new features
changes made
added rectangles from Prof Hwang's version 6
customized to my version 4 dimensions
added an independent axis control checkbox for egabev mention something about no dependency of each axis of rotation, without the structures and in rectangle shapes, the rectangles do overlap
made it a little bigger
consistent the color with Prof Hwang's version 6

Dear Professor Hwang, Lookang, Ahmed and Tucheng (sorry if I missed somebody working with gimbal applet) both the modified applets from message #6 and the new one from message #11 (both at page 2) looks to me are OK. I have no words to express my sincere and wormest thanks to all of you. I realize that despite your extreme business with the students at that time of the year you were so kind to help me. I will keep you in touch with my research and will acknowledge your excellent work in my future paper. It will be about 50 pages with subject my hypothesis for HIV-1 navigation system and its implication for treatment of AIDS. Your name as authors/coauthors of the gimbal applet will be properly written in the paper. With kindest regards. Since the Elsevier Printing House request written agreement to write names to be acknowledge I will ask you to send me such agreement (of course if you like that) when the time comes.egabev (Evgeni Gabev).
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #42 on: July 16, 2011, 12:14:39 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

Great modification done by lookang!  Grin
lookang

«
Embed this message
Reply #43 on: July 16, 2011, 07:58:48 pm » posted from:SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE

We will do what we can to make the world a better place for physics learning Smiley

I have a great teacher like prof Hwang.
Everything I know about ejs I learn it in this forum!
I have benefited a lot from learning with ejs.
Thanks!
Best!
lookang

«
Embed this message
Reply #44 on: July 16, 2011, 11:55:16 pm » posted from:SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE

found out how to add vrml files
render is JAVA3D is the only trick!

enjoy!
think there is a bug in Ejs 4.3.3.2 , it works in the download standalone jar but not VRMLfile cannot show up in web deploy applets.
download file to view the VRML airplane

* gimbalwithvrml.png (27.9 KB, 520x508 - viewed 291 times.)
« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 11:59:52 pm by lookang » Logged
egabev

«
Embed this message
Reply #45 on: July 17, 2011, 02:20:05 am » posted from:Sofia,Grad Sofiya,Bulgaria

We will do what we can to make the world a better place for physics learning Smiley

I have a great teacher like prof Hwang.
Everything I know about ejs I learn it in this forum!
I have benefited a lot from learning with ejs.
Thanks!
Best!
Great work Lookang. Professor Hwang is probably very proud of you. Thanks again to you and all excellent and kind people helped me. With best wishes for having good luck and all the best in the life. egabev.
varunmix
watchlist

«
Embed this message
Reply #46 on: December 28, 2014, 10:38:48 pm » posted from:Hyderabad,Andhra Pradesh,India

very nice informative thread java gimbal simulation yennai arindhal songs download visit and comment
prakash1997
watchlist

«
Embed this message
Reply #47 on: January 12, 2015, 01:44:52 am » posted from:,,Satellite Provider

Dude Thanks a lot you saved me by Solving my problems -*-
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
  Print  
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. ..."Michelangelo (1475-1564, Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet)"

Jump to: