NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
December 12, 2017, 12:21:58 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
To be a citizen of the world. ...Wisdom
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Charged Particles and Walls  (Read 23140 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
on: April 30, 2005, 02:31:47 pm »

Registed user can get files related to this applet for offline access.
Problem viewing java?Add http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ to exception site list
If java program did not show up, please download and install latest Java RUN TIME

Particles and Walls
   This is perhaps the most complex and complete simulation that I have built as examples of use of Ejs.
It simulates the electrical interaction of charged particles , both positive and negative ones, among themselves and also with physical (non-charged) barriers or walls.

The user can build any configuration she is interested in and let the simulaton run. Of special interest is the visualization of the vector field generated by the charged particles and how it evolves dynamically.

I also included a visualization of the equipotential lines in the plane and of the potential in 3D. Just to show some of the visualization capabilities of Ejs.

The minimum and maximum of the potential are recomputed every time you switch on and off the visibility of the contour, so, when adding new particles, it is a good idea to hide the contour, add the particles, let the simulation play for a while, until a more or less stable situation has been reached, and then show the contour.

Please notice that (except when running as an applet) you can prepare and save different configuration of particles and walls. These configuration can be read later on by your students (even when running as an applet).

Activities
   There are a lot of possible activities, but my favourite one is to build a closed wall, place inside a number of charges of the same sign and let the simulation run.

From time to time, freeze the particles and you will get with a final configuration in which all particles are at the walls.

Then, place a new one in the middle and see what happens. Relate this with applicable theory...
Author : Francisco Esquembre

Date : February 2002

Registed user can get files related to this applet for offline access.
Problem viewing java?Add http://www.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ to exception site list
If java program did not show up, please download and install latest Java RUN TIME
chain250

2 Point
«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: October 08, 2005, 06:02:40 am »

Okay, ya i can see your point.
physicsimulator

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: April 16, 2007, 11:56:35 am » posted from:Mangalore,Karnataka,India

hi,
  the simulation of this particles and walls are very very good, i am also doing a simulation of Radio frequency  waves, i want the code of this applet so that i can have good reference , please send me the code for the maild coolchaithu@gmail.com

thanking you

Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: April 16, 2007, 03:07:06 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

If you click "load ejs as signed applet", you can find out how it was created with EJS.
Actually, this is one of the examples distributed with EJS package.
There are hundreds of examples.
lookang

http://weelookang.blogspot.com

«
Embed this message
Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 09:59:51 am » posted from:,,Singapore

Particles and Walls
   This is perhaps the most complex and complete simulation that I have built as examples of use of Ejs.
It simulates the electrical interaction of charged particles , both positive and negative ones, among themselves and also with physical (non-charged) barriers or walls.

Hi prof hwang, it will make the forum more attractive if u embed also this icons of sciences to be viewable on the boards of this forum.
for ur consideration Smiley
you could find nice icons for all boards in your forum that will be cool!
« Last Edit: June 02, 2009, 10:02:02 am by lookang » Logged
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
To be a citizen of the world. ...Wisdom

Jump to: