NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
November 19, 2017, 10:14:47 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
First time is the lat time. ...Wisdom
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: pressure  (Read 16697 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
rabea
Student

lots!

«
Embed this message
on: March 31, 2005, 03:31:14 pm »

Mahnoors question:
hey guys!
umm... its a charcteristic of pressure in liquids that the liquid transfers equal pressure in all directions at the same level.
but in some situations we can see that the given conditions .... like ... um... in pressure breaks.... the piston whose area is greater, why is it said that more load can be lifted by it, why is the pressure same even though u have greater area, it should be less, shouldent it? because it says so in the equatin p=F/A, but it remains the same . can any one tell me why?

Mahnoor

P.S.i hope u guys understand wat the question is, i have tried my best to explain wat i am trying to ask, hope SOMEONE catches it, cuz its a bit confusing, sorry abt that.

<life is what u make it>
Rabea
kushal

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: April 09, 2007, 01:43:52 am »

Mahnoors question:
hey guys!
umm... its a charcteristic of pressure in liquids that the liquid transfers equal pressure in all directions at the same level.
but in some situations we can see that the given conditions .... like ... um... in pressure breaks.... the piston whose area is greater, why is it said that more load can be lifted by it, why is the pressure same even though u have greater area, it should be less, shouldent it? because it says so in the equatin p=F/A, but it remains the same . can any one tell me why?

Mahnoor

P.S.i hope u guys understand wat the question is, i have tried my best to explain wat i am trying to ask, hope SOMEONE catches it, cuz its a bit confusing, sorry abt that.

if you are in india, read +1 ncert book of physics. if outside, read resnick&halliday. its not a tough question. only you need to picturise..... all the best
sepol

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2008, 11:37:50 am »

The key here is the FORCE and not the PRESSURE...

Yess the pressure remains the same at the small and large piston...but altering the size of the piston at the other end, we actually can gain more FORCE, greater force means we have more ability to lift heavier loads by using small force.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
First time is the lat time. ...Wisdom

Jump to: