NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
December 11, 2017, 04:33:46 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
An interaction between two opposites produces a unique outcome. ..."Jules Henri Poincare(1854-1912, One of France's greatest mathematicians)"
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Traffic Light System  (Read 582602 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
listza

«
Embed this message
Reply #120 on: August 23, 2008, 03:39:51 pm » posted from:Surabaya,Jawa Timur,Indonesia

Mr. Fu Kwun Hwang

Would you send me the source code of the traffic light system simulation?....
I also have a project about Object Oriented Simulation of Traffic Light System for my college task

Thank you very much...

-*-
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #121 on: August 23, 2008, 08:32:04 pm »

Please read the first message more carefully and you will know how to find/get the source code.
karmentr

«
Embed this message
Reply #122 on: October 08, 2008, 02:44:11 am »

Thank-*-You by Fu/Kwun Hwang  Wink
« Last Edit: October 11, 2008, 02:54:55 am by karmentr » Logged
rEd1

«
Embed this message
Reply #123 on: November 13, 2008, 10:06:01 am »

sir can you send me the source code... plzzz?Huh thank you
hidayat89

«
Embed this message
Reply #124 on: December 17, 2008, 03:01:36 pm » posted from:Selangor,Selangor,Malaysia

hey thats a cool work, i love it, can i have the source code? and i was wondering if u can help me in doing somtin smillar to this work. can u help me on that please???
my email is -*- Wink Smiley
LANO-85

«
Embed this message
Reply #125 on: January 29, 2009, 12:46:33 am » posted from:,,Lebanon

hi all please i want some one to help me in running the system without using html , i want to run it by using .java how i will do it ?? plz answer me

note ( i dawnlouded the classes ) but they not run!!!!!!!!! Huh
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #126 on: January 29, 2009, 10:41:13 am »

You can get the source code (.java) to do what you want. (It is included in the ZIP file if you clicked "get file for offline use" button.)
But you did not read the first message carefully Huh  Huh  so you do not know where to find the source code.  Roll Eyes
LANO-85

«
Embed this message
Reply #127 on: January 29, 2009, 06:32:38 pm » posted from:,,Lebanon

ya i read it and i dawnloud the zip file , but ( implementation of methods is not available  ) so how can i run them ?? its run as html and i want to run them as java or as an applet . do you have any way to help me in this point ( i want to run them using java)
thanks very much
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #128 on: January 29, 2009, 08:19:19 pm »

The files you have download include java source code and java generated byte code.
It was running as an applet when you view it in html. (The java was running.)
You can also use appletviewer to view the class file.
You can modify the source code by yourself if you want to run it as an java application.
coolvaneegurl

«
Embed this message
Reply #129 on: March 03, 2009, 01:12:38 pm »

Hello sir. Sir, I really liked your simulation. I was wondering if the simulation could be changed into a multi lane traffic to adopt the lane changing behavior easily or would it require a lot of work. Also can I have one control on each traffic light? Does it require a lot of work? I need this for my Course project. I would really appreciate it if you would show me how to do it, or tell me what to do as I am totally lost and I am just a beginner in Java. Your help will be very much appreciated. Thank you sir.
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #130 on: March 03, 2009, 04:12:53 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

If you have checked out the link provide just below the simulation at the first post. i.e.
Ejs version of traffic control simulation
That is a two lanes traffic control. May be that is what you want.
You can download it and modified it (Right click to open the source in EJS if you have installed EJS4) to suit what ever need you might have.
coolvaneegurl

«
Embed this message
Reply #131 on: March 04, 2009, 01:08:07 pm »

Oh ok sir. About th EJS version of simulation, I have checked it out and it is not what i want. What i really need is for one lane to be divided into 2 lanes. Means one strecth of road that has two lanes. I am quite lost in EJS. I have never had any experince in EJS and finding it difficult to get any help on how to use it. Any suggestions sir. Thank you very much for your help sir. 
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #132 on: March 04, 2009, 04:01:21 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

If car in each land never switch land, then it will be similar to Time duration for the yellow traffic light (this one has more than 2 lanes).

About help in EJS. Have you check out EJS's original web site and information at this web site.
There are many videos and flv files at this web site which show you examples (how to create simulation with EJS).
Please check them out.
yeek01

«
Embed this message
Reply #133 on: March 18, 2009, 04:50:58 am »

sir, can u help me to modify the source code so that i can play it using java?

and Wat is EJS4 stand for? Easy Java Simulation? How to get this?

I'm interest to change this simulation into 2 lands.

-*- thanks 1st...

And there are some errors when i using java to compile it. The following are the errors:

--------------------Configuration: --------------------
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\trafficControl\trafficControl.java uses or overrides a deprecated API.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:deprecation for details.
Note: C:\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Desktop\trafficControl\trafficControl.java uses unchecked or unsafe operations.
Note: Recompile with -Xlint:unchecked for details.

Process completed.
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #134 on: March 18, 2009, 06:41:03 am » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

1. You should be able to find information about Easy Java Simulation Easily at this forum home page.
Please check out those information and download latest EJS from EJS's web site.
2. The JDK102 version was created with JDK1.0.2 more than 12 years ago.
You need to modify some code if you want to compile with current version directly.
coolvaneegurl

«
Embed this message
Reply #135 on: March 24, 2009, 05:19:06 pm »

Sir, can you please tell me how to have individual control for each traffic light? In your simulation only the green light can be controlled. So i have split it into two where the first is tlight and the second is tlight2. I have deleted all the other lights and also i have deleted the cars in lane 2. So i have only one lane of cars. But the car only responds to tlight and not tlight2. Why is that so? I do not understand...how do I make my cars respond to both tlight1 and tlight2? Please help me...thank you

Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #136 on: March 24, 2009, 05:29:19 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

In your simulation only the green light can be controlled. 
The period for all three lights can be controlled in my simulation.
Just right/left click in one of the light.

The first delay time control time delay between the left most one and the center one.
The second delay control control time delay between center light and the right most one.

I do not know what do you mean by lane 1 or lane2? Do you mean vertical lanes?
There is no way I can help because I do not know what you did.

I do not have any information about your background knowledge in traffic control/java programming and physics involved.
It is very difficult to help if I do not have  enough information.
coolvaneegurl

«
Embed this message
Reply #137 on: March 24, 2009, 05:43:38 pm »

Oh..ooopsss.....sowry sir. What I mean is in your simulation using EJS. Can i send you what i did so far so can have a look? Please  Grin
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #138 on: March 24, 2009, 09:14:03 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

Please post your question at the same post related to your question.

I will try to find time to have a look if you can write down in detail what you did with the download code/ why you did that , what is the purpose for the changes .. etc.
rahulshhh

«
Embed this message
Reply #139 on: April 10, 2009, 08:12:13 am »

plz send me the source code to "rahulshhh@yahoo.co.in"
thanxxxx
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #140 on: April 10, 2009, 08:47:32 am » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

You did not read the posted message carefully.
Please help yourself to download it -- just a click away. Wink
rflaviu

«
Embed this message
Reply #141 on: May 17, 2009, 10:17:59 pm » posted from:Cluj,Cluj,Romania

Hello,
I  just downloaded the source code. I am using Java JDK 6 update 10.
The problem I have is that when I run it, the traffic light control overwrites with the road and the intersections are very small.
Can u make a suggestion?Where can I change or what can I change to do it work properly?
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #142 on: May 17, 2009, 11:26:35 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

This version was created more than 10 years ago with JDK1.0.2
There must be some modification in new version which cause the problem you have described.
I have created another version of traffic light control applet with EJS .
I will be able to help if you have question/problem with the new EJS version.(I am more familiar with EJS, and I did not study later JDK for a long time--- since 2001.)
I can show you where to download JDK1.0.2 if you need it , but I am not able to give you suggestion for the latest JDK. Sorry!
dannydesiliva

«
Embed this message
Reply #143 on: September 22, 2009, 12:37:59 pm » posted from:Amritsar,Punjab,India

Hey all,
Couple of years ago,when i was an engineering student I tried to develop an intelligent traffic control light system.
Back then I observed a lot of pollution at the traffic lights and the wastage of the energy resource gasoline.Green light was on even though there were no vehicles in that direction.This made me think and the result Intelligent traffic control system(Not completed).
My design outlook was something like this,
A Microcontroller which will use the input from the pressure sensors on the road some 100 to 500 mts away from the traffic light.Microcontroller will calculate the number of vehicles,load of vehicles and depending on that time for a particular direction is calculated as against the traditional fixed time control systems.everything was fine but i was unable to create usable pressure sensor.Readymade sensors were very costly.My question is any one has any idea for an alternative for the sensor or changes to the design outlook .

thanks
Bobby
muharam

«
Embed this message
Reply #144 on: October 18, 2009, 01:10:06 am » posted from:Kuala Lumpur,Kuala Lumpur,Malaysia

hy any one hlep me in my project my project about designing a Traffic Light controller using MC68000 assembley language and simulate it using IDE68K and EASY68K

can i get the source code, we are working on a project
 Thanx a bunch
can any one hv it .please send to my email
akram_muharam@yahoo.com
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #145 on: October 18, 2009, 10:06:54 am » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

The source code is available as attachement file at the first message.
Please download it by yourself. Grin
Joshtaylor
watchlist

«
Embed this message
Reply #146 on: October 26, 2009, 09:10:23 pm » posted from:Pune,Maharashtra,India

Very helpful post.. Thank you for the information...
« Last Edit: October 26, 2009, 09:15:14 pm by Joshtaylor » Logged
Coffee makers
watchlist

«
Embed this message
Reply #147 on: December 17, 2009, 02:57:14 pm » posted from:Vijayawada,Andhra Pradesh,India

Nice post thanks-*-
ikuraru
watchlist

«
Embed this message
Reply #148 on: January 19, 2010, 09:48:17 am » posted from:Jakarta,Jakarta Raya,Indonesia

wow, I like it Smiley
moltak

«
Embed this message
Reply #149 on: March 16, 2010, 11:05:58 pm » posted from:Quezon City,Quezon City,Philippines

hey.. can anyone pls tell me what algorithm is being used in this traffic light system? i need it for my case study. pls answer it asap. thank you very much!
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7   Go Up
  Print  
An interaction between two opposites produces a unique outcome. ..."Jules Henri Poincare(1854-1912, One of France's greatest mathematicians)"

Jump to: