NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
October 18, 2017, 06:33:55 pm *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. ..."Michelangelo (1475-1564, Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet)"
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: translation module enabled in NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory Java forum?  (Read 7227 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
lookang

http://weelookang.blogspot.com

«
Embed this message
on: November 15, 2009, 04:31:41 pm »

translation module enabled in NTNU java forum?

i remember you mentioned during MPTL14 your presentation included translation into many languages in encouraged in Ejs and NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory Java Simulations in Physics.

Could enable it? so that we could reach the other languages.

i think it is not turn on for Web deployment of the applets. Look at the picture attached.

strangely no non-english person has tried to translate any of my applets Sad hahaha

for your consideration  Grin

* translate.PNG (10.52 KB, 569x474 - viewed 481 times.)
« Last Edit: November 15, 2009, 04:39:49 pm by lookang » Logged
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 05:44:55 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

I was talking about translation interface for simulations created before 2001 (Not simulations created with EJS).
It is available for all the simulations under JDK1.0.2 simulations (1996-2001).
For example: you can check out pendulum and select the last one in the slection menu(translated to Finnish by hthunebe)

EJS has it's own translation tool when running in application mode. (download jar file and runing locally).
The translation tool is not available when EJS simulation is running as an applet.

If you think it is necessary to have a language translation interface for EJS simulations,
I will try to find a way to implement it , too!
lookang

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: November 17, 2009, 09:42:32 pm » posted from:Singapore,,Singapore

fantastic translator you have implemented.

i will test it n report any bugs:)

Will it be saved automatically into future downloads of the xml or jar or both?

To promote users translation for your forum, do you intend to have a system to give recognition to translator?
i think if you have a counter for number of applets translated , language translated etc, it will do wonders for your efforts to scale to all schools in the world, for the world of physics learning!!!
lookang

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: November 17, 2009, 10:14:11 pm » posted from:Singapore,,Singapore

Wow! Woooooow!

the translation works like a charm This is Cooooool! Grin, i managed to add easily to the english one.

I think i need to setup my iMac language to chinese for the chinese translation strings to appear.

by the way, there was a funny error but is does not affect the translation and i cannot reproduce it anymore. maybe there is no problem.

thanks Prof. Hwang!!! It is so motivating to improve this forum cos you can do it so quickly. U r the best!

* Screen shot 2009-11-17 at PM 11.09.57.png (18.59 KB, 512x88 - viewed 301 times.)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:21:14 pm by lookang » Logged
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #4 on: November 17, 2009, 10:59:06 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

The error you found might be due to that I was testing the code.
The translated string in View elements will be added to EJS jar file.
However, it might not be shown in the simulation at once because the jar file has been loaded into browser (and it would not reload it again).
So you might need to close the browser and re-open the web page again to view updated translation.

I also make it possible to translate strings defined in variable tabs from EJS model.
Those changes are activated by javascript, so you should be able to see the result after you submit the translation.

The code still need to be tested and add more features.
Suggestion will be highly appreciated!
Shinelight

«
Embed this message
Reply #5 on: November 19, 2009, 02:29:59 pm » posted from:SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE,SINGAPORE

Hi Hwang

I tried to translate a post into Bahasa Indonesia but I got this alert below
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /www/htdocs/demolab/smf/ejsparser.php on line 240

For your info

Cheers, Shinelight
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #6 on: November 19, 2009, 04:35:17 pm » posted from:Taipei,T'ai-pei,Taiwan

Thank you for your feedback!

Please post your message at the same topic where you did the translation, so that it will be easier for me to find out the problem.

I just created the translation interface in the last two days and I am changing the code to make it better.
May be you were doing it while I modified the code and there is a bug.
Please try it again and let me know if the problem is still there.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
A man paints with his brains and not with his hands. ..."Michelangelo (1475-1564, Italian sculptor, painter, architect and poet)"

Jump to: