NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
December 19, 2017, 01:34:30 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences. ..."Norman Cousins(1913-1990, American author)"
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Request for magnetic simulation  (Read 6983 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
novellus

«
Embed this message
on: November 15, 2009, 12:04:27 pm » posted from:Rolla,Missouri,United States

I am seeking a simulator that will model the electromagnetic fields and forces of magnets of various shapes, charges, and magnetic conductivity with user defined placement. If possible, I would also like to show the movement of these materials with the changing magnetic field.
Something similar to what I am describing can be seen by these applets:
http://phet.colorado.edu/simulations/sims.php?sim=Electric_Field_of_Dreams
http://phet.colorado.edu/simulations/sims.php?sim=Electric_Field_Hockey

But I want more complex geometry than point charges. My goal is to demonstrate several of the classic perpetual motion machines to my physics classes.
Do you think a simulator such as this is possible?
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: November 15, 2009, 03:49:39 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

The examples from your links are all electric field from point charge.
The basic field for magnet is magnetic dipole field (e.g. a current loop).
Magnetic field structure can be created with field from superposition of many current loops at different locations.
You need to be more specific (write down in all detail ) what you want , then it is possible to create one.
novellus

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: November 16, 2009, 06:04:14 am » posted from:Richland,Missouri,United States

Okay, a bit more specific:
I want the program to have the basic functionality and ease of use of Phunland <http://www.phunland.com/wiki/Home>, but this program does not support magnets. I would like to model magnets of geometries such as that can be created with phunland, and their respective fields. Most important are the operations of electricity and magnetism, and the energy and motion caused therefrom. I need support for varying material types concerning electrical and magnetic conductivity (much as one can change certain material attributes in Phunland).

I want to move and form pieces of differant material types into differant shapes with exact measurements, but the most important attribute is the simulation of electromagnetism - magnets' north and south poles, magnetic induction by multiple varying materials (with at least one material to act as a magnetic shield.), especially to the end of electrical current being produced, and running through a wire. I would like to test magnetic fields, with visual representations, and to test electrical currents as well.
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: November 16, 2009, 09:50:34 am » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

Sorry, I am not a professional programmer. I do not have time to create an environment like phunland.
However, if you have a well defined case: for example: magnetic field produced by a specific current loop, or severla current loops. ...etc. I will try to help.

You are welcomed to check out Magnetic field pattern for (line/ coil/ solenoid) or Particles and Walls
peacenlove

«
Embed this message
Reply #4 on: November 20, 2009, 05:20:07 am » posted from:,,New Zealand

hi novellus
thanks for those links its the answer to an idiots prayer Wink Smiley
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
Wisdom consists of the anticipation of consequences. ..."Norman Cousins(1913-1990, American author)"

Jump to: