NTNUJAVA Virtual Physics Laboratory
Enjoy the fun of physics with simulations!
Backup site http://enjoy.phy.ntnu.edu.tw/ntnujava/
October 23, 2017, 11:05:42 am *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Login with username, password and session length

Home   Help Search Login Register  
"Wisdom is the harmony, healthy and happiness in life." ...Wisdom
Google Bookmarks Yahoo My Web MSN Live Netscape Del.icio.us FURL Stumble Upon Delirious Ask FaceBook

Pages: [1]   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: car simulation  (Read 19851 times)
0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. Click to toggle author information(expand message area).
samsooom

«
Embed this message
on: October 13, 2009, 07:43:50 pm »

if i want tomake asimulation on a car .is it better to make the vectors(of thrust and weight and drag and friction and velocity)onthe wheels (tyres)or on the center of the car?
i thought that if it were on the center then the whole car will move horizantly when it climps up a hill or getting down? what is the right solution?
i will make it on c++ opengl... thank you
Fu-Kwun Hwang
Administrator

«
Embed this message
Reply #1 on: October 13, 2009, 08:51:52 pm » posted from:Taipei,T\'ai-pei,Taiwan

It depends on how much you want the simulation to be closer to the real situation.
If you only interesting in one dimension motion and want to know how position/velocity changes with time.
You can treat the car as a point. However, the drag will depends on the cross section of the car.

If you want to simulated different  weight between front/rear tires, you need to calculate different normal forces when car is accelerated or de-accelerated (Please check out Normal forces on front and rear tires when car is accelerated!). 

You need to re-calculate it if the car is moving up or going down a hill.

Write down detail description of your model (with equations) and I will check it for you!
donnaj8887
watchlist

«
Embed this message
Reply #2 on: August 20, 2010, 05:08:02 pm » posted from:Hanoi,Dac Lac,Vietnam

It depends on how much you want the simulation to be closer to the real situation.
If you only interesting in one dimension motion and want to know how position/velocity changes with time.
You can treat the car as a point. However, the drag will depends on the cross section of the car.

If you want to simulated different weight between front/rear tires, you need to calculate different normal forces when car is accelerated or de-accelerated (Please check out Normal forces on front and rear tires when car is accelerated!).

You need to re-calculate it if the car is moving up or going down a hill.

Write down detail description of your model (with equations) and I will check it for you!

Such a very amazing link!
Thanks you for the post.

-*-
desertrose3

Physics <3

«
Embed this message
Reply #3 on: January 16, 2012, 05:12:42 am » posted from:Lahore,Punjab,Pakistan

Thank you for making it so comprehensive. You don't know how much this helps my understanding.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
  Print  
"Wisdom is the harmony, healthy and happiness in life." ...Wisdom

Jump to: