Electric charges in JAVA
This applet allows you to see in a graphical way concepts like electric
and potential fields. Furthermore, there is no danger to receive a deadly
The left buttons let you move, erase or place an static charge. The
scrollbar define the amount of charge of the charge added. The maximum
number of simultaneous charges is 10.
- This button drops a charge in a random place with a random velocity.
- This simulate fiber exposed to an electric field. This image can't
- When pressed, this button takes the norm of the electric field in all
points and give it a color between blue(lo[Bwer) and red(higer). If the
intensity is greater than a value, the max. red is given. The same happens
to the min. values.
- Shows the equi-potentials. Best viewed with little charges.
- If this button is pushed with a background from "Potential",
"Intensity" or "Psychadelyc", the pallete of colors
starts to cycle. If it is pushed again the animation is suspended. To resume,
press again Animate.
- This button can do several things. If there is an animation running,
it's stopped. If there is a background, it is cleared. If there are only
charges, all of them disapear.
- If there is a background (not Forces), it makes a pallete of colors
with the values of the textfields (0..255). In other case, it calculates
the sum of the logharitms of the distances, and give them a color. This
is just to see a pretty thing. Here's one of my favorites: R1=255; R2=255;
R3=255; G1=0; G2=120 ; G3=170; B1=0; B2=0; B3=0. Press a few times "Movil",
then "Intensity", "Psychadelic" and finally "Animate".
I call it "Un agitado día de verano". ;)